domingo, 15 de janeiro de 2017

WATCH

Pia Wurtzbach talks about her reign and what it takes to be Miss Universe

Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach will continue working with the pageant even after her reign ends on January 30.
In a Facebook Live interview from New York, Wurtzbach said that she still has "a lot of work lined up after Miss Universe," with February packed with commitments.
"I'll definitely still be working closely with Miss Universe after my reign because most of my contracts or commitments go beyond one year, so unfortunately Esther still have to deal with me," she said, referring jokingly to her public relations manager Esther Swan.
During the interview, she answered questions from netizens and talked about the job of being Miss Universe and about the new candidates aiming to succeed her.
Maxine Medina
Wurtzbach was asked if her Miss Universe Philippines successor Maxine Medina has potential.
"Of course," she replied. "I think she's been training very well and I think she will do very well in Miss Universe. She's always been a strong contender and I can't wait to see her performance for the final night, and she has like the whole country backing her up so she should be fine."
Pearl of the Orient
Wurtzbach also talked about the National Gift Auction, during which the candidates bring gifts from their countries to auction for charity. When she was Miss Philippines, she said, "I had some pearl necklaces and pearl earrings that I auctioned off for Miss Universe, because pearls are very popular in the Philippines and we're known as the Pearl of the Orient and I think it was very fitting. So each country has something to offer that's all for a good cause."
The qualities of a Miss Universe
For Pia, the face and the body are the least important in choosing the best candidate. Whaat matters most, she said, is the "overall personality and attitude."
"Being Miss Universe, I look for somebody who can take the job," she said.
"I understand that you would usually go for the prettiest girl or the girl with the best body or with the best answer, but what I look for is the overall personality and attitude because you're gonna be applying for a job and it's not gonna end on the pageant night—where you get the crown, it's so nice and you wave to the fans, it's over. It actually starts there. That's day one on your job."
A message for the candidates
Wurtzbach also had some advice for the candidates competing in this year's Miss Universe.
"Take a lot of photos, enjoy, have fun with it," she said. "This is something you can't do again. It's not like, well in my case not like Miss Philippines where I joined three times. If I don't make it once, I can do it again next year.
"[With] Miss Universe you only get one chance to do it and you wanna make sure you represent your country well, that you represent yourself well and at the same time that you're having fun with it, because you don't wanna leave competition with regrets and thinking that, wow like I didn't even get anything from this, I didn't even learn anything, I didn't even make that much friends.
"You don't want that regret; you wanna make sure you get something from the competition and I think Paula [Shugart, Miss Universe president] will be able to guide you on that."
Wurtzbach added that public relations manager Swan, whom she spent most of her days with, will be who she will miss the most when her reign ends.
"I'm going to miss Esther emailing me my itinerary every day and our travels, our long talks on the airplane, our food trip," she said. "I'm going to miss going to the office and reporting to you when you're getting mad at me for not doing my expense report, or when I forget to put my phone on loud or charge it and you need to contact me!"
Activities
The Miss Universe 2016 pre-pageant activities will begin on January 14 in Boracay, followed by trips to Vigan, Cebu, Baguio, Batangas and Davao.
The Governor's Ball will be held on January 16 at the SM Mall of Asia along with the candidates, and this year's National Gift Auction will be taking place at Conrad Hotel on January 23.
The Miss Universe coronation day will be held at the Mall of Asia Arena on January 30, 2017.  Jannielyn Ann Bigtas/BM, GMA News
- See more at: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/595264/lifestyle/pia-wurtzbach-talks-about-her-reign-and-what-it-takes-to-be-miss-universe#sthash.6Bglbtmu.dpuf

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário