segunda-feira, 23 de janeiro de 2017

Miss U bets charm Duterte: I hope this day will never end

ABS-CBN News
Posted at Jan 23 2017 03:21 PM | Updated as of Jan 23 2017 03:22 PM
MANILA – The candidates of the 65th Miss Universe pageant made a courtesy call on President Rodrigo Duterte at Malacañang Palace on Monday.
In a brief speech, Duterte said it was a “rare privilege” for him to meet such a large number of beautiful women in one room.
“I’d like to make an admission that never in my life have I been in a room full of beautiful women,” Duterte said. “This is a rare privilege. I hope that this day will never end.”
Duterte said he was advised to “behave” when meeting the pageant contestants. The President has been criticized in the past for his remarks on women.
“I usually do not read my speeches. I’m not up to it really. But this time they told me that I must behave in my language, in the adjectives that I would be using to characterize or define your beauty, all of you,” he said.
Duterte said looking at the pageant contestants somehow eases the burden of governing the country.
“God is really good. Aside from the worries of governance, all the troubles in the world, when we look at you we forget the universe but only you,” he said.
A total of 84 candidates met with Duterte at the presidential palace. Ms. Finland and Ms. Switzerland did not make it as they were not feeling well.
Watch the 65th Miss Universe coronation live on ABS-CBN Channel 2 on January 30, 2017 Monday 8 a.m. (Manila time)
For more stories click here.
http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/01/23/17/miss-u-bets-charm-duterte-i-hope-this-day-will-never-end

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário