quarta-feira, 30 de novembro de 2016

Meet PH bet to Miss World pageant

Don Tagala, ABS-CBN News
Posted at Nov 30 2016 07:03 PM | Updated as of Nov 30 2016 07:14 PM
NEW YORK – Catriona Elisa Gray is the Philippines’ bet for the Miss World Beauty pageant in Washington DC on December 18.
Gray wrote the script for her own contestant introduction video to Miss World 2016, now seen by more than half a million viewers worldwide.

“Syempre, I’m introducing myself, so who better to write the script than me. I wanted not only to show the beautiful sights of our country but also who I am as a person,” she said.

Gray said her unique name is a combination of her two grandmothers’ names.

“My grandmother on my dad’s side, she is of Scottish heritage and she used to speak Gaelic, which is the Celtic Scottish language. She used to paint these beautiful oil canvass paintings and she would sign her name at the bottom. In Gaelic, Catherine is Catriona. My middle name Elisa is actually taken from my lola on my mom's side 'coz her name was Elsa,” she explained.

Gray grew up in Australia, but as an adult, she chose to live and work in the Philippines as a fashion model.

She may have lived the glitzy and glamorous life of a model, but her real passion, she said, is helping the poor kids in the Philippines, especially in Tondo, Manila.

“I was shocked that families were living with such little resources, that they were getting by on so little. I think if you give a child education, they can really make something of themselves, they can help their families in the long run,” she said.

Being a creative person, Gray said art and music are part of her life.

With less than three weeks before the Miss World pageant, Gray believes she is ready to take on the international stage and hopefully bring home another crown and scepter for the Philippines.

http://news.abs-cbn.com/life/11/30/16/meet-ph-bet-to-miss-world-pageant

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário