quarta-feira, 21 de dezembro de 2016

Pia looks back on journey to Miss Universe crown

ABS-CBN News
Posted at Dec 21 2016 03:46 PM
MANILA – With only a little more than a month before the next edition of Miss Universe, reigning titleholder Pia Wurtzbach took to social media to recall the night that changed her life forever.
Wurtzbach’s Instagram post on Wednesday showed her posing for the cameras as she made it to the Top 15 of the international pageant held last year.
“Coming into the competition, I was ready to do my best to make my childhood dream come true. I really wanted to be Miss Universe,” she wrote.
“But as I was doing the years of training prior that night, I realized that there was something more to attain here than personal achievement. I wanted to proudly represent the Philippines and bring back home the crown,” she added.
In another post, Wurtzbach shared a photo of her on the Miss Universe stage, right after the swimsuit competition.
“Let me tell you, it wasn’t cool to be the 9th country called during Top 10!” she recalled. “I was dying in anticipation. My heart was pounding and I remember thinking, ‘How am I ever gonna get the chance to do [the] final question if I don’t pass swimsuit round first!’”
“But all the hard work paid off as I get into Top 10,” she continued, adding, “I actually ranked pretty well for this round. Thank God for my trainers.”
Wurtzbach, the Philippines’ third Miss Universe winner, is set to pass on her crown in her home country next year. The pageant will be held at the Mall of Asia Arena in Pasay City on January 30, 2017.
The country’s representative to the next Miss Universe, Maxine Medina, is hoping to follow in Wurtzbach’s footsteps and score a back-to-back win for the Philippines.
http://news.abs-cbn.com/life/12/10/16/pia-wurtzbach-urges-pinoys-show-the-world-the-beauty-of-philippines

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário