segunda-feira, 29 de agosto de 2016

Miss Louisiana leaves to compete for Miss America

 
     
MONROE, La (KNOE 8 News) - It was all hugs, smiles, and just a few tears as Miss Louisiana Justine Ker said goodbye to family and friends, and boarding a plane to compete for Miss America.
Courtesy:KNOE
"it really hasn't sunk in yet that I'm actually headed to Miss America up until now I've just been packing and preparing to finally be here to be getting on my plane to Atlantic City. It's so surreal such moment," says Ker.
Since being crowned in June, Ker says she's been hard at work preparing for every aspect of the competition.
"We've had mock interviews, I've been working out with a fitness trainer, we've done a little bit of wardrobe shopping which is fun, and I've definitely been working on my talent I'm a classical pianist, but there is also so much more to the preparation I do have to be Miss Louisiana on top of that," says Ker.
Her mother Jenevieve Ker says Justine was a first generation Fleur de Lis Princess back in 2005 and from there her pageant days began.
"She started competing in Miss Louisiana Outstanding Teen and she got the title in 2011 and then she competed in Miss Louisiana and she is our first Fleur de Lis Princess to come back and win Miss Louisiana Outstanding Teen and Miss Louisiana," says Ker.
Ker's family wore matching t-shirts, a clear sign of support and they plan to meet her in Atlantic City for the pageant.
"I'm very nervous, but I know I should enjoy the journey but can't help because this is mom, mom will worry and be nervous about anything but I'll try to calm down," says Ker.
To calm her own nerves, Ker says going to appreciate every moment and stay thankful for all the support she's received.
You can vote for Justine Ker online to help her secure at spot in the top 15 at http://missamerica.org/vote/ .
http://www.knoe.com/content/news/Miss-Louisiana-leaves-to-compete-for-Miss-America-391549991.html

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário