segunda-feira, 14 de dezembro de 2015

Urvashi’s Universe: A Conversation With Miss Universe India

By Ela Dutt

Biting into a protein bar to stave off hunger, 21 year old beauty queen Urvashi Rautela talks excitedly between chews about the upcoming Dec. 20 Miss Universe pageant in Las Vegas.
Rautela, who will represent India at the contest, tells News India Times she feels the fate of her country rests in her hands. “I have only one wish – you know what it is,” she says indicating she wants to win the crown. But she quickly adds, “I want to give my best, be the best representative of my country. The result … is not in my hands.” Every fiber of her being however, is geared toward winning amid a crowded field of some of the world’s most beautiful women. At this moment in her life Rautela is not thinking about the future. It’s about the here and now. “Right now my entire focus is for my nation,” she said.
For Country
On her Facebook she writes, “I dont (sic) believe in competing with anyone. But I compete with myself and that is what makes me stronger and better. I believe in my dreams and on this note I am set to represent my country India to try and do full justice to my title and bring back the 3rd crown. But it is your love and support that I value the most. With much appreciation — Urvashi Rautela – Jai Hind”
“Oh My God! so hot and happening,” is how Rautela described Las Vegas. Her day starts at 5 a.m. It includes running from one shoot to another, being showered with brand name gifts, some site seeing, putting in a “stud” fitness routine, which she says is a “very special training,” all while looking perfect for her sponsors and the millions of fans who adore her on Face Book.
It’s a lot of pressure for a small town girl from Kotdwar, Uttarakhand, where today there is a foundation in her name to help those in need. She also actively supports PETA India and ‘Save the Girl Child Camp’ her bio on the Miss Universe website says.
Choices
Now a cosmopolitan Mumbai-ite, Rautela is considered an established Bollywood actress who has appeared in several films. Before leaving for Las Vegas she wrapped up a shoot for her next film, ‘Great Grand Masti.’ She made her Bollywood debut in Anil Sharma’s action-romance film ‘Singh Saab the Great.’
She has been a beauty pageant enthusiast from childhood she told News India Times. She won the I Am She-Miss Universe India in 2012 but lost her crown over controversy regarding her age. She went on to win Miss Diva-2015 before being selected to represent India at Miss Universe 2015. Other pageants she has won include Miss Tourism Queen of the Year in 2011, and Miss Asian Super Model 2011. Also a model, Rautela was a national level Basketball champion, according to her bio.
Rautela had to make some tough choices along the way, decisions that seemingly confront all beautiful girls. There was a time when she planned to go into engineering and even took the Indian Institute of Technology exam. But beauty pageants beckoned her since high school.
Then in 2012, Rautela won a full scholarship to the New York Film Academy, she said, but instead chose to continue with her acting career as Bollywood roles flowed in. Several of her films are lined up for release in her absence from India, she noted.
Favorites
Her hectic schedule and the control Rautela exercises over her eating and fitness, puts her in the mind for food. “I’m hungry all the time. Since last night I’ve had just 3 chocolates,” she admits. “I shouldn’t eat it but I did,” she says guiltily. Asked what she misses most right now of Indian foods, she drools, “I love rasmalai.”
“And I miss my home-cooked food, especially the bhindi subzi my mother makes. I can keep eating that, lots and lots,” says the seemingly starved beauty queen. For the time being however, “I eat salads, spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes. Oatmeal and egg whites for breakfast, vegetable, soups…,” she says speaking over the high protein bar she is stuffing into her mouth.
Her favorite movies she said are ‘Mother India’ and ‘Titanic.’ Why? “Mother India has the mother touch. I love my family and the film brings out the significance of a mother as the most important person – she educates the children, she can make or break a home.” And Titanic? “It’s because of the love,” she says lengthening and emphasizing the last word. She loves to read inspirational books, among them “The Secret.” And her hobbies and interests are many she says. “There’s nothing I don’t like. I do everything with passion and attention. I love dancing, and singing, and making people laugh.”
Talent
Rautela can perform 8 different dance forms from Bharat Natyam to Hip-hop. She was named the youngest most desirable actress of 2015 by the Indian Film Industry, and one of the top 100 sexiest women in the world by the British lifestyle magazine for men, FHM, in 2014.
Her greatest influences in life, apart from her businessman father Manvar Singh Rautela, and mother Meera, are 1994 Miss Universe Sushmita Sen, and Miss Universe 2000 Lara Dutta. “They have inspired me a lot. They have groomed me and mentored me. I have their full backing and support,” Rautela said.
Rautela’s beauty is often compared to that of Aishwarya Rai, the 1994 Miss World, referred to often in media as The Most Beautiful Woman In The World. Asked about that, Rautela sounds hushed, surprised, and wondrous in turns. “Really? It’s … People do say that. Each and every contestant here tells me that I look like Aishwarya Rai.”
http://www.newsindiatimes.com/urvashis-universe-a-conversation-with-miss-universe-india/18240

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário