terça-feira, 26 de abril de 2016

Maxine Medina says Pia Wurtzbach inspires her to go for ‘two-peat’
Maxine Medina. (Photo by Yummie Dingding/InterAksyon)
Maxine Medina knows she has big shoes to fill and enormous expectations to live up to.
As the newly crowned Miss Universe Philippines, Maxine is very much aware that her predecessor, Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach is a tough act to follow. And while Maxine admits that winning back-to-back Miss Universe crowns for the Philippines is a herculean task, she believes it is not at all a far-fetched possibility.
“Yes, after winning the pageant, I felt a lot of pressure but now I think it’s a good kind of pressure as it helps it helps me to motivate myself and to train more,” she told InterAksyon and selected bloggers during a recent blog conference at the Gateway Tower Gallery in Araneta Center.
Asked if she already took a look at the other international beauty queens that she would be competing against in this year’s Miss Universe, Maxine’s response is a strong indication that her eyes are clearly on the prize.
“May laban tayo! I swear,” she declared.
While Maxine’s pageant experience is limited to Binibining Pilipinas, it’s also no surprise that she won the top crown on her first try. The 25-year-old interior designer is also a professional model and is in fact the niece of Binibining Pilipinas-Universe 1990 Gem Padilla. So yes, the pedigree is there.
It also helps that Pia herself is very supportive of Maxine. Following her traditional farewell walk at the Binibining Pilipinas pageant last April 17, Pia addressed her would-be-successor in an emotional speech.
“To my successor, just remember to give your best. Behind that beautiful gown, your knees may be trembling like me right now. I’m still not used to it…Being in front of millions of people is nerve-wracking, but you have to remember that you are proudly wearing that sash that says Philippines. And believe me, in your moments of doubt, you just have to remember that you have the whole country cheering you on,” Pia said that night.
Like all the other winners of the country’s most prestigious beauty pageant, Maxine considers Pia an inspiration not just to her but to all Filipinas in general. She admits that even this early, Pia is giving her very encouraging advice which she considers a big boost to her confidence.
Maxine Medina and Pia Wurtzbach. (Photos by Yummie Dingding/InterAksyon)
During the nerve-wracking question and answer portion of the Binibining Pilipinas pageant where not everyone was pleased with her response, it was Pia who lifted up Maxine’s spirits.
“I felt bad for my Q and A. I told Pia, “I know I didn’t do well in my Q and A. Ang dami na sigurong bashers. What will I do? She told me to just move forward and focus on my training,” she revealed.
And that’s exactly what she’s doing. With the whole country behind her including her own growing legions of “Maxinenatics” and “Maxinemizers,” Maxine Medina might just give the Philippines the distinction of becoming only the second country to pull off two consecutive Miss Universe wins after Venezuela achieved the feat in 2008 and 2009.
“Now that I know my weaknesses, I want to strive some more and focus on winning,” Maxine stressed.
http://www.interaksyon.com/entertainment/maxine-medina-says-pia-wurtzbach-inspires-her-to-go-for-two-peat/

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário