quinta-feira, 30 de junho de 2016

Miss Connecticut 2016 Crowned

"I can't even process it yet."
Alyssa Taglia, of Wolcott, was crowned Miss Connecticut 2016 on June 18, after competing with 16 other young women in the competition held at Mohegan Sun.
Taglia, 22, will represent the Nutmeg State at the Miss America competition in Atlantic City, with finals televised on Sept. 11. On her way to the title, Taglia also won a preliminary award in the swimsuit competition, and the overall lifestyle and fitness award.
Shortly after she was crowned, she said the national competition is something she is looking forward to, but hasn't yet been able to think about.
"I can't even process it yet," Taglia said. "I'm going to Miss America. That's crazy!"
Taglia was first runner-up in the 2013 Miss Connecticut competition, and placed second runner-up in 2014. She did not compete in 2015. While some young women return year-after-year until they win the title, Taglia said skipping a year was just what she needed to re-focus herself.
"I took a year off and really established myself as a woman," she said. "I realized what the ultimate goal was. I truly empowered positive thinking this time around and it seemed to do me well. I knew that I wanted to be Miss Connecticut and I set my mind to it."
Miss Greater Rockville Bridget Oei was first runner-up. While Taglia and Oei were the last two standing on the stage, Taglia said she was thinking of high praise for Oei.
"Bridget is amazing," Taglia said. "This was her first time competing and she blew me away, so standing next to Bridget was an honor in itself."
During her year of service as Miss Connecticut, Taglia said she hopes to continue to spread her platform, Smiles For Seniors: Enriching the Lives of Seniors Across America – a cause she has championed since age 12.
"It's something that's so important to me," she said. "As Miss Connecticut, I'm going to bring it to a national level, share it with the other girls competing at Miss America, and hopefully get them to start Smiles For Seniors in their own states."
Taglia is also eager to begin working with the Miss America Organization's National Platform – Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. Funds raised by the Miss Connecticut organization's titleholders help Connecticut Children's Medical Center. Taglia earned the pageant's Miracle Maker award, having raised more funds than any other contestant for the cause.
"I think that's one of the more important jobs of Miss Connecticut, and I can't wait to embrace it," she said.
Taglia is a graduate of Point Park University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (where she graduated a semester early) and has studied dance at the Triple Threat Dance Company in Waterbury. She receives a $10,000 scholarship for winning the title, $350 for her fitness awards, as well as a prize package worth more than $10,000 more.
http://www.courant.com/community/wolcott/hc-rop-miss-ct-0630-20160621-story.html

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário