segunda-feira, 24 de outubro de 2016

This beauty contestant had the best response to being called ‘fat’

MISS ICELAND has hit back after being body-shamed while competing in a beauty contest.
Miss Iceland 2015 Arna Ýr JónsdóttirINSTAGRAM
LADY IN RED: Miss Iceland says she was told to lose weight before the final
Arna Ýr Jónsdóttir was in the running for the Miss Grand International beauty contest, but says she was advised to lose weight ahead of the final tomorrow in Las Vegas.
But the 20-year-old stunner, who was crowned Miss Iceland 2015, shunned the slimming “advice” which came from pageant owner Nawat Itsaragrisil.
The Iceland Monitor reported that his spokespeople told Arna to “stop eating breakfast, eat just salad for lunch and drink water every evening until the contest”.
She reacted to the ridiculous body-shaming by quitting the contest because she refuses to let anyone tell her she’s “too fat to look good on stage”.
“Personally, I think I’m fine as I am”
Arna Ýr Jónsdóttir
Arna told the Iceland Monitor: “If the owner of the contest really wants me to lose weight and doesn’t like me the way I am, then he doesn’t deserve to have me in the Top 10.
“Yes, my shoulders are a bit broader than the other girls’ but that is because I was a member of the Icelandic national athletics team and I am proud of that.
“Of course, I don’t take these comments to heart, but to do my best then hear this…
"Personally, I think I’m fine as I am.”
She added: “I no longer have any interest in doing my best in this competition after receiving that message.
“This is definitely the last contest I shall be taking part in.
“If you are going to hold an international beauty pageant you at least have to be able to see the international beauty.”
But Miss Iceland isn’t the only gorgeous model who has taken a stand against her haters.
 as well as people within the modelling industry after she came second in a beauty contest.
The beauty was labelled “too fat” to be a beauty queen but she defiantly retorted with the statement: “I love myself for who I am.”
“I embrace my curves at 360 degrees and I’m never ashamed of them," she added.
www.dailystar.co.uk/fashion-beauty/556134/Miss-Iceland-too-fat-beauty-contest-pageant-Miss-Grand-International

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário