segunda-feira, 24 de outubro de 2016

I cherish S'pore more after living overseas: Miss Universe Singapore winner

161024_MsUniverseSingapore_TNP.jpg

I cherish S'pore more after living overseas: Miss Universe Singapore winner
Ms Cheryl Chou, the newly-crowned Miss Universe Singapore (MUS) 2016.
The New Paper
 0 0 000
Her life changed overnight when she won the title of Miss Universe Singapore 2016 last Sunday.
My Paper speaks with newly crowned beauty queen, Cheryl Chou, a 20-year-old Lasalle College of the Arts student.
It's early days still but how has becoming Miss Universe Singapore changed your life so far?
My life has definitely had a dramatic change. I went from being a normal student to being Miss Universe Singapore, isn't that crazy?
Every day, I look forward to just meeting a wide variety of people and experiencing things I never imagine to be doing. From going live on radio and TV, attending gala dinners and helping at charity events, to appearing at Singapore Fashion Week, I can't deny the fact that it is a life-changing experience.
What was the hardest challenge you faced joining the pageant?
To juggle the workload between school and preparation for the pageant.
Tell us about a cause close to your heart.
I feel very strongly about promoting body positivity to both women and young girls. As it is something that hits close to home, I want to help those who are struggling. As social media is such a powerful tool, through that, I will be sure to bring my message across and make a positive impact in people's lives.
You told The New Paper that you "lived through a phase where I did not treat my body right". Tell us more about this.
During my late teenage years, I adopted a bad habit of extreme dieting and exercising.
I lost a sense of who I was and what I loved, until I found veganism. It helped me regain a love for food and, at the same time, save the lives of so many animals as well.
What is your message to women on body image?
Never be insecure in your own body. You are special, unique and not meant to look like anyone else.
You were largely educated in China. What is your biggest lesson from your time there?
I was in China for 11 years and the one thing that I learnt by living abroad for so long is to always have a passion to explore and educate yourself on cultures other than your own.
The experiences that you have are what make you interesting, so always be adventurous and curious about what the universe has to offer.
What do you hope to do as Miss Universe Singapore?
As a Miss Universe Singapore titleholder, I want to be able to exceed the expectations of others and achieve great milestones on an international scale for our nation, just like many others have over the years.
I want the universe to know that even though we may be small, we are mighty, and a force to be reckoned with.
How do you feel about your chances going into the Miss Universe international pageant?
I feel very optimistic about my chances...
The team and I have been working very hard to prepare for it as well.
What do you love most about Singapore?
The security. I never worry about my safety living in Singapore. I feel that our Government has done a great job in educating people to have a sense of responsibility towards the environment and others. I am forever thankful and proud to be able to call this country my home.
What do you hope to change about Singapore?
I want people to be more appreciative of our country, because I feel that people are too quick to judge and are always focusing on the negatives that they see.
After returning to Singapore, I am appreciative of everything that this country has to offer, the well-established transportation system, a clean environment and the warm hospitality of people you meet. I think that others should do the same as well.
Lastly, what is your favourite Singlish term and why?
Shiok! Because you can use it to describe your excitement for almost anything.
http://women.asiaone.com/women/people/i-cherish-spore-more-after-living-overseas-miss-universe-singapore-winner
Get MyPaper for more stories.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário