terça-feira, 25 de outubro de 2016

Newly crowned Miss Oregon USA credits Douglas County pageant community for success

Miss Oregon USA Elizabeth Denny visits KPIC-TV, October 24, 2016. (SBG/Ashley Force)
ROSEBURG, Ore. -- The newly crowned Miss Oregon USA credits Douglas County for shaping her pageant skills.
26-year-old Elizabeth Denny was born and raised in Sutherlin.
Last Sunday she competed in the Miss Oregon USA competition at Mount Hood Community College and won.
She's been competing in pageants for ten years.
"I was Miss Douglas County 2010 and Miss Umpqua Valley 2012,” Denny recalled. “Douglas County has such a strong pageantry community, and starting here was amazing because I have such a great core group of people that are like my foundation that I can go to for absolutely anything."
Denny competed for her current title last year and finished as second runner up.
She says this year's crowning moment sends a message about never giving up.
"I was so nervous, like my eyes are closed my lips are rolled together, my eyebrows are a little scrunched. I was just like, is this about to happen. And then, when I heard my name … I feel like it was so surreal, I can't really put it into words."
Denny will represent Oregon at the Miss USA Pageant.
The pageant’s date has not been announced yet.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário