domingo, 29 de maio de 2016

TV anchor Gunjan Saini: Anchoring gives you more visibility than a pageant

| TNN | 

She might not be a household name yet, but Agra girl Gunjan Saini has certainly become a familiar face for TV viewers. She was last seen on the small screen as an anchor on the red carpet at a popular TV awards show and as the host at the curtain raiser of Sa Re Ga Ma PaSeason 11. But Gunjan isn't new to the spotlight. She has earlier earned praise for her stint as a presenter and anchor in a professional kabaddi league, and done the city proud as a beauty pageant winner. She recently made a short trip back home where we caught up with her. In a candid chat, the Agra girl tells us why anchoring is more difficult than walking the ramp, her favourite spot in Agra and the dream of visiting her alma mater as a celebrity.

Before turning to sports anchoring, Gunjan tried her hand at modelling and even participated in beauty pageants. Gunjan's first tryst with pageantry was in 2011 when she competed in Femina Miss India Uttar Pradesh. She later won the Miss Supranational India crown and represented the country at Miss Supranational 2012 in Poland. But she maintains that TV anchoring has been by far the toughest thing she has done. Gunjan tells us, "Everything has its unique challenges but anchoring and presenting a sports show has been most challenging for me. Not only did I have to understand the basics of a game I did not know, but I also had to understand its nuances and follow it. It requires a presence of mind and alertness. But then there are advantages too. It gives you far more visibility than a pageant does. Sports shows reach all corners of the country and people start recognizing you almost instantly."


Talking about her new-found celeb status, Gunjan says, "People had started recognizing me when I was modelling or during my pageant days. But with the TV stint, that has increased. What's unusual now is that in Agra, even my family and friends get special treatment because of me. People always go, 'You're Gunjan's friend or family' and that is quite amazing. I'm just happy that they're also enjoying my fame."

Latest Comment

Part time work at home without any investment only for Android users. Earn 30-35k by just advertising and get the money.Just type JOB and wats app to # 9717143489.shalini sharma

But despite the fame, Gunjan maintains that coming back to Agra always reminds her of her roots. "Returning home is always a sobering experience," she says, adding, "Agra is unlike any other city I have been to. When I come back here, I realize I'm the same girl that lived and went to school here. So no matter what changes in my professional life, for Agra, I will always be the same." An alumnus of St Conrad's Inter College, Gunjan adds, "When I had left school, I had this dream of making it big and returning to my alma mater and delivering a speech to the kids there. I have wanted to go back and do that but I feel there is still time. I have more to achieve before I'm in that place. That dream still remains."


According to Gunjan, the one place in Agra where she feels most at peace is Dyalbagh. She elaborates, "I have had a special connect to that place since childhood. It's the one place I always go to whenever I'm in Agra. It is just a good break from the hustle and bustle of life and reminds why living in a simple town can be a blessing."

Bookmark or read stories offline - Download the TOI app

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tv/news/hindi/Sa-Re-Ga-Ma-Pa-host-Gunjan-Saini-Anchoring-gives-you-more-visibility-than-a-pageant/articleshow/52467098.cms

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário