quarta-feira, 28 de setembro de 2016

Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado Speaks Out After Donald Trump Continues to Attack Her Weight

  
09/27/2016 AT 05:15 PM EDT
In 1996, as the winner of Miss Universe, Alicia Machado had to deal directly with Donald Trump. Now, 20 years later, she can't believe he could possibly be her president. 

"I never thought and never imagined that 20 years later I would be in this position, in this moment, watching this guy doing stupid things, and stupid comments, and it's so misogynist," Machado, 39, said in a conference call Tuesday afternoon. "It's a really bad dream for me." 

The former beauty queen became a U.S. citizen in August largely in part to vote for Hillary Clinton – and against Trump, who referred to her as "Miss Piggy" and "Miss Housekeeping" after the Venezuela native gained weight following her Miss Universe win at age 19, while Trump was a co-owner of the pageant. 





Clinton brought up Machado at the presidential debate Monday night in an effort to show Trump's disdain for women. Trump then doubled down on his comments about Machado in an interview on Fox & Friends Tuesday morning, saying, "She was the worst we ever had. She was the winner, and she gained a massive amount of weight, and it was a real problem." 

The Clinton campaign released this video at the end of the debate, and Machado has said she hopes her experiences with Trump will turn voters away from the Republican candidate. 



"I'm not Miss Universe anymore. I'm a worker, I'm a mother, I have a family, I have my company, and if my story can open eyes in this election, that's what I'm going to try to do," she says. "Share something I think is important – my experience with this person ... maybe can help to have the best president we need to have." 

"I'm here, I'm strong. I will be here 'til the end and support Hillary Clinton."

http://www.people.com/article/donald-trump-miss-universe-alicia-machado-speaks-out

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário