sexta-feira, 5 de maio de 2017

Miss ND, Raquel Wellentin, prepares to take on Miss USA Pageant

1 / 2
FARGO—Miss North Dakota USA, Raquel Wellentin is in Las Vegas preparing to hit the Miss USA stage in 11-days.
That's not her only major accomplishment on the horizon.
Before she left, Raquel gave WDAY 6 Reporter Dominique Brogle a behind the scenes look at how she's been preparing for the pageant.
"I'm just ready to go. I'm ready to take off and just show everyone what I did to prepare myself," said Raquel.
Raquel Wellentin, Miss North Dakota USA has been preparing for Miss USA since she was crowned Miss North Dakota in November.
Her journey to Miss North Dakota has also been beneficial to her.
"From the first time I competed in Miss North Dakota USA to this year I'm a whole new different person," said Raquel.
It took her 4 tries to win Miss ND.
"When I set myself a goal I'm going to complete it. And I told myself I have to compete again because it's been my goal since day one. I'm not going to stop," said Raquel.
"This journey has been a little longer for Raquel, you know, she had to try a few times. The person she is today, the woman she is today is better than the woman she's ever been," said Denise Wallace, Miss ND Pageant Director.
Raquel's determination to achieve her goals shows in her school work as well. She had to complete 8 exams, 4 projects, and 2 essays in 4 weeks in order to compete in the pageant.
"It just hasn't hit me yet I think once I get my diploma it's going to hit me. So, when I come back home I hope it's going to be right there in the mail," said Raquel.
She won't be walking on the stage at her college graduation.
"Nope. But I'll be walking the stage at Miss USA," said Raquel.
Raquel is trading in her cap and gown for this ball gown, it's a family favorite.
"I helped choose it, so I feel like a part of me is up there with her," said Chad Wellentin, Raquel's Brother.
It took Raquel an entire week to pick and plan her outfits.
"I brought 14-day wear outfits, and then 5 cocktail dresses, and then two back-up ones just incase," said Raquel.
Her crown will stay in North Dakota with family members while Raquel goes on to try to bring home the MISS USA crown.
Some of her family will travel to the pageant to see her compete.
"She's been competing for four years now, I'm very excited to be in Vegas to cheer her on," said her brother.
"It's such an amazing honor for her to represent her state nationally," said Wallace.
If Raquel takes home the crown she would be the first Miss North Dakota to become Miss USA.
The competition officially kicks off on Thursday.
Finals take place on Sunday, May 14th.
http://www.wday.com/news/4261026-miss-nd-raquel-wellentin-prepares-take-miss-usa-pageant

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário