quinta-feira, 7 de julho de 2016

CLASS OF 2016 PROFILE: BRENNA WEICK CROWNED MISS NEW JERSEY

Richard Krauss Photography
graduateprofiles
With another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2016:
Name: Brenna Weick
Hometown: Mantua, New Jersey
Major: Weick graduated with a B.S. in Psychology, with a minor in Communication, on May 7.
Post-graduation plans: Weick was recently crowned Miss New Jersey 2016. As Miss New Jersey, Weick will make appearances across the state of NJ; speak and perform at various events; promote her platform (A World of Difference: Navigating the Cybersphere); serve as an ambassador for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals (the national platform of the Miss America Organization); and more. She will also compete in the Miss America pageant in Atlantic City in September.
How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University helped me hone my speaking skills by making me a University Ambassador. I was also involved in several groups such as Alpha Gamma Delta as Philanthropy Coordinator, Psi Chi, the Student Government Association as a Senior Class Representative, and the HPU Dance Team. Being so deeply involved at High Point gave me time management skills and helped me grow as a person and a professional. I love that High Point emphasizes the importance of using a Growth Mindset and encourages students to set the bar high for themselves without limit.”
Most impactful mentor at HPU: “I transferred to High Point University in the Spring of 2013 after only one semester at another school. Joe Cristy helped me transfer halfway throughout the academic year without fuss or stress. I will always be grateful to him for treating me as an individual, not a number. Even after my transfer process was complete, Joe made a point to check in with me and assure that I was adjusting well at HPU. To me, the caring staff at High Point is unmatched by any other University.”
Most impactful moment at HPU: “Each time I gave a tour of High Point University as a University Ambassador, I was reminded of how amazing my school is. To show new students their future home is an honor I will never forget.”
Advice for underclassmen: “Never take your time at High Point for granted. As a graduate of HPU, there are plenty of aspects of the school I miss. While I enjoyed accommodations like the ice cream truck, pools and special events, what I truly miss today are the caring people. We are lucky to have professors who are actually invested in their students’ success, caring staff members and lifetime friends at HPU. Let those people know how much they mean to you and enjoy your college years while you can!”
http://www.highpoint.edu/blog/2016/07/class-of-2016-profile-brenna-weick-crowned-miss-new-jersey/

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário